Thursday, January 10, 2008

Without faith it is impossible to please God.

"Now without faith it is impossible to please God,
for the one who draws near to Him must believe that He exists
and rewards those who seek Him." (Hebrews 11:6, CSB)

Father, I believe in you. I believe in your word. I believe your promises; I believe you have the will and power to fulfill all you have promised and purposed for me. I believe you will never leave me nor forsake me. I believe that you have assured me of an eternal inheritance. But sometimes, father, my faith fails me.

In those times when my faith is weak, I pray that your Spirit would build faith in me. In those times when my faith is weak, I pray that you would keep me close and secure my faith. I pray that in those times, you would show your power, authority and love so greatly that my faith would be encouraged and deepened.

Let me put my every need, every desire, every moment in your care. Let me trust myself fully to you. "Everything that does not come from faith is sin" (Ro 14:23). Let me live my life--every moment of it--in faith that you are in control. Let me trust myself to you. I confess my weak faith and praise you for your work to build faith in me. You give me the confidece to face uncertainty with joy because I know you are in control; to you, nothing is uncertain.

You welcome me when I bring my hopes and stresses to you. "Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need" (Heb 4:16).

To God be the glory. Amen.

No comments: