Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Ps 119

Open my eyes so that I may see
wonderful things in Your law.
(Ps 119:18, CSB)

Father, the heavens declare your glory;
I was made for your glory (Is 43:7).
I pray that through your Spirit, I would do everything for your glory (1 Cor 10:31).

When you brought your people out of Egypt , they complained against you in the desert. But, you showed yourself; your glory appeared before them in a cloud and you met their needs by giving them manna and quail. Not one of them had too little, and those who horded lost what they saved. Through their years in the wilderness, you kept your promises and created a nation out of slaves. Surely you can be trusted in everything, for you are the all-powerful creator and sustainer.

Father, I pray that you would give me a spirit that thirsts for your glory and searches for you through your word. Help me to understand your revelation and to see wonderful things in your word. Help me to see Jesus in every passage for the entire Bible proclaims redemption and deliverance through him (Jn 5:39).

Help me prepare for Sunday's Bible study by studying your word myself. Help me first to understand and apply your truths to my own life. Put your wisdom in my heart so that I would not be like the Pharisees who knew every story, but understood nothing.

Father, I pray for the members of my Life Group. Help us be a family that cares for one another, instructs one another, and keeps one another accountable in our faithfulness to your name.

I pray that you would meet my daily needs. You know what I need before I do, and you promise to work all things for my good. So, Lord, help me trust you completely. Help me see that nothing else is worthy of my total faith other than you, because only you have the complete power to do everything you promise. As Job learned, no plan of yours can be stopped.

Father, I pray that your will would be done and that I can praise your name throughout time. I thank you for your salvation through Jesus in whose name I pray. Amen.

No comments: