Thursday, January 3, 2008

Starting fresh

Father, you are a great and glorious God, who created everything from the largest galaxy to the smallest parts of each atom. You are above everything and yet you care about me, a single person. You loved me before I loved you. You saved me from my own self. You have adopted me as a son and given me the chance to speak to you with confidence as my father.

I pray that I will remember the gift you have given me in the chance to speak with you. As a sinful human, my nature is to forget your blessings. You saved the Hebrew people from slavery, yet in the desert they forgot your works. But, you still led them and blessed them. In the Promised Land, you pushed out their enemies and gave them a land flowing with milk and honey, but they forgot you. Yet, you still blessed them. You chose David as a king and gave him more than he could imagine, but he forgot you. Still, you forgave him and blessed him. And Solomon did the same, but you continued. Throughout generations, we take your blessings and forget you. I have done the same countless times. But you will never leave me nor forsake me. You are faithful even when I am not.

I pray that your Spirit would continue to draw me closer to you so that I would forget you less and less until I am with you always. And I pray that this blog would be a tool to help me record and review my prayers. I pray that over time I will be able to look back and see your faithfulness in answered prayers. I pray that over time, this blog will become a tool for keeping me faithful in talking with you so that I could not worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let my requests be made known to you.

And I pray these things in the name of Jesus, because I know that if you would give your own son for me, then you will be faithful to give me everything else I need. Amen.

No comments: