Thursday, January 17, 2008

He is great

Father, I praise your great and glorious name. I will praise your name forever because you have called me and set me apart for your purposes. You have chosen me to be among your children, blessed by you and given a perfect inheritance. May I never forget the great and gracious gift you have given me when I was your enemy living in rebellion against you. While I rejected you, you sent your son Jesus to die for my sins, and you raised him from the dead so that I could have eternal life with you. Oh how wonderful your good news really is for all those who would love you and turn from darkness into the light.

I pray that more people would see your glory while you can still be found before they face you at the final judgement. But, how are they to hear if there are not people to take the good news to them? So, father, I pray that you would send out more missionaries into the field to gather your harvest. The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few; so, send out more workers into the field. And may I be a worker for you , whether where I live now or wherever you choose to send me. May I be a worker at all times in whatever place I am in at any moment. Give me a bold spirit to proclaim your glory to all those around me. Give me a spirit that testifies in my actions and my words. Let me live a life that serves as a witness for your truth and grace so that like a lamp set on a table, I could shine a light into the darkness that surrounds me.

Father, help me to make the most of every day. The days are evil and if I am not careful they slip away wasted forever. I am a steward of everything you entrust with me because you are the rightful owner of everything. Therefore, I must use everything for the maximum of your glory. Help me to use my time in ways that demonstrate you are my first commitment; let me use my time in ways that would meet with your approval; let me use my time productively and efficiently because in your economy there is no waste.

As I think of how often I waste time, I am reminded that there are so many people who have loved ones and they wish so much to have more time with those they've lost. I am not guaranteed tomorrow, so let me make the most of today.

Father, I pray that you would be with the members of my Life Group. Be with the Steve and Angela, Mike and Latrelle, Mike and Meredith, Frank and Leslie, Charlie, Rhonda, Greg and Alice, Clay and Julie, and Marsha. Bless each of them in their spiritual journeys with you. Help them come closer to you and know you better. And I ask that you work in the hearts of all those who have not shown commitment to being part of your body of believers. Work in the hearts of those who are technically members of our Life Group, even our church, but continually forsake the fellowship of believers. If they are part of your family, help them see your purpose in the church. If they do not truly know you, take their hearts of stone and replace them with hearts of flesh so that they could turn from darkness and enter your light. And may the rest of the members of this Life Group serve as a model of the unity of believers.

Father, as I prepare to start a new semester of teaching, I ask that you would bless me that I would teach well and help my students grow in their academic and social lives; bless me so that I may help them fulfill the potential you have given each of them. And help me be a witness for your truth and glory.

I pray that you would bless my church and help us fulfill your purpose in our community. And I ask you to bless the ministries of missionaries around the world. Give my church a passion for world missions, too. In Christ, there is neither Greek nor Jew, but your good news is for the entire world. Give us a passion for seeing your good news taken to the ends of the earth.

Father, you have given me kindness when I deserved damnation. You are truly a God of goodness and grace. I praise you and thank you. Let my thankfulness for you overflow into love for others. May I show my love to be genuine. Give me the strength to resist temptations that may appear; keep me from temptation.

Above all, may your name be glorified and your will be done. I ask these things in the name of my savior Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments: