Thursday, July 10, 2008

Things I Star

I use Google Reader to keep track of numerous blogs, and I have been starring some of the ones I wanted to look at again later. So, I had the idea of going back through and praying for/from these various topics.

---

Father, you are truly great and have done great things for your people. I thank you and praise you for your kindness and goodness to your people.

I ask that you bless the young people in your church and bless their ministries. May everyone in your church be inspired by the young Christians who are changing the world. May they turn the world upside down and serve to bring your glory among the nations.

I ask you to bless the work of 9Marks and Capital Hill Baptist Church. Bless their work with the churches of Africa as they bring the real good news to the people. Thank you for the example shown by your church in Africa who demonstrate that the church is the body of Christ, not beautiful architecture, stained glass and a high-tech sound system. 9Marks has helped me understand better what the church can and should be.

Thank you for the work of pastor-teachers, such as John Piper and Wayne Grudem, who help me better understand how to know you.

Father, I thank you for the chance to teach world religions next year. I pray that your word would be heard and understood, and that it will penetrate the hearts of students. I pray that you will call these students--that they will hear the voice of Jesus and respond to him.

Father, I am grateful for the amazing heritage of Christians throughout history who have shown that You are more precious than life. And I thank you for those Christian missionaries who have shown me what it means to live among the world, but not of the world.

I am grateful for the plethora of great, biblical teaching, such as Frame's lectures and Dwell, that is now available free online. I’d also want to thank John Piper and Desiring God Ministries who had a “whatever you can afford” policy long ago and was a pioneer in putting everything online for free.

Father, I pray that you will continue to bless the ministries of your people around the world and that you will continue to help me grow in the image of your son Jesus. Amen.

No comments: