Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I am fickle

fickle (fĭk'əl) adj. Characterized by erratic changeableness or instability, especially with regard to affections or attachments; capricious. (New American Heritage Dictionary)

----

Father, I confess my fickleness; while I know your calling on my life, to take up my cross and follow Jesus, to find myself by losing myself, I too often turn back and lose sight of your plan in my life. I lose sight of my mission on this earth and begin to think like those who do not know you, like I did before I came to know you. I begin to seek my own comfort and security. But, in your amazing grace and love, you remind me--sometimes gently and sometimes more forcefully, but always for my good--to get back on the right path.

I pray that you guard me from my own fickleness; through your Holy Spirit, guide me when I stray. May Jesus shepherd me, for like a sheep, I am prone to wandering off. Let your rod and your staff comfort me.

I praise you and ask your guidance in the name of Jesus. Amen.

No comments: