Friday, March 14, 2008

2-weeks absence

It has been a while since I posted a real prayer. And while I have been praying offline, I have also missed this blog. There is something nice about typing it out; doing so makes the process a little more conscious and reflective.

----

Father, great and awesome Creator--all powerful and all knowing, all wise and all loving, all just and all righteous--you alone deserve worship and praise. I rejoice in knowing you are my king and father. I rejoice in knowing I can approach the throne of the one who can do anything and who loves me enough to do what is best for me.

Father, please continue to bless Joy Barker and heal Darryl. You have shown so much grace already, and Joy has been an amazing human testimony to faith in you and your providence. Make your glory known through them and show the world your power and love. Work in the soul of the doctor and bring him to know you; take out his heart of stone and put in a heart of flesh.

And I ask your care and guidance of all the home school families in California. May your people rise up against the injustice of the court; work through the legislature--your servants chosen to protect people and establish justice--to correct the abuses of the court. May this occasion be used to show the nation the great things that can happen when parents invest in their children's educations; may the nation hear and see all the great things going on in home schools across the land. May the notion that bureaucratic schools are better than families be finally and conclusively put to the shame it deserves. May you be glorified.

And Father, I pray your wisdom will guide Jennifer and me in our lives.

In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments: