Saturday, February 7, 2009

Mt 15:7-8

"And will not God give justice to his elect, who cry to him day and night? Will he delay longer over them? I tell you, he will give justice to them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?" ~ Matthew 15:7-8 (ESV)

Father, you are a God of justice, and one day you will enact your justice throughout the earth. But, you are also a God of patience. You were patient with the Israelites, from the beginning. And you are patient with people still today. I pray that during this time, while there is still time, you will change peoples' hearts and let them hear Jesus calling them. Change their hearts and let them know of your greatness and love. And I pray that I and others who have been adopted as your children will not lose heart or grow weary of waiting for our reward and justification. Give us the strength and spirit to use this time wisely for your glory. I pray that I will be among the faithful because you have made me persevere to the end. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

No comments: