Wednesday, August 6, 2008

God's glory shown through a fridge


When you pray, don't babble like the idolaters,
since they imagine they'll be heard for their many words. Don't be like them, because your Father knows the things you need before you ask Him.
Matthew 6:7-8, CSB

When Jennifer I moved into our new home in June, it came with appliances. We didn't need the washer/dryer or the refrigerator. So, we decided to sell them. The washer/dryer sold pretty quickly, but the fridge just wouldn't sell. There was no interest, except for an Internet scammer who Jennifer reported to the FBI.

Yesterday, I decided to donate the fridge. Of course, the most obvious places to donate include Goodwill, a local Care Center, etc. But, I got the idea to call the Florida Baptist Children's Home in my town. As I was calling, I thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be cool if they had a need for a fridge?" Well, the Children's Home immediately accepted my offer and sent someone out today to pick it up.

One of the guys who picked it up told that just a couple days ago, the fridge in one of their homes quit working. Yesterday, a technician looked at it and decided it needed some $500+ part, so the Home decided they just needed a new fridge. It was later that day that I called offering a free brand-new fridge.

---

Father, thank you for knowing our needs before we know them. And thank you for caring about our needs. Of course, our greatest need is for you. We sinned against you and made ourselves your enemies. But, you saw our need and gave us Jesus. And you have continued to take care of us in countless ways. May I remember, everyday, that you supply my needs and I can trust you, for you love me more than the flowers of the field and will care for me even more than you care for them. If even a bird cannot die apart from your control, I have nothing to worry about under your care.

I praise you and thank you in the name of Jesus. Amen.

.

No comments: